Author: Esther Kim & Sean James
There are always so many events and get-togethers during the bustling holiday season. We all want to look our best, especially for the pictures. Here are our secret formulas to achieving fabulous and festive Holiday Hair looks while saving time, all from the mind of our talented Artistic Director: Sean James.
1) To towel-dried hair, add two palmfuls of Full Blown mousse to your roots and then brush through your hair with your Unbrush.
2) Blow-dry your hair upside down to add as much volume as possible. Set the heat to whichever setting you feel comfortable with and keep the blow dryer 10 inches away from your head to maintain continuous airflow. Once done drying, smooth out your hair with a large round brush.
3) Point a 1 ¼” curling iron with the nose or tip to the ground, then wind your hair vertically around the iron away from your face. Continue in this manner with all sections of your hair, winding away from the face on both sides of the head. Each section of hair should be no thicker than the barrel and no longer than the length of the barrel. (To protect yourself, we suggest you use a heat protectant glove on the hand grabbing sections of your hair.)
4) Pin each curl section to your head. When done, spray with Stay Put.
5) Brush your hair out with the Unbrush. Add a few drops of Sheer Remedy to your hair. Gather all of your hair into a ponytail and smooth the product through the hair using your fingers.
6) Tease or backcomb at the roots by repeatedly combing the hair towards the scalp (which purposely causes the hair to get tangled). Tousle hair back off of your face and to your best side then brush through with your fingers.
Full Blown mousse
Large round brush
1 1/4” curling iron
Stay Put hairspray