As we reflect on the SAG awards, we can't help but notice the effortless glam that some stars seemed to possess on the red carpet. Bold shoulders, sequins, and monotone suits dazzled. Matching that shine was the seriously chic hairstyles.
How do celebrities always seem to achieve this perfection? Of course, the celebrities that grace the carpet always have stylists, glam squads, and hair experts on standby to aid in creating their stunning looks. These professionals always seem to have the magic ingredient when it comes to styling, especially if we're talking about hair.
Luckily for you, FHI Heat has one of our very own hair professionals. Celebrity hairstylist, Sean James, is an expert in his field and is ready to dish out these special SAG hair recipes so that you can cook them up for yourself. Bon appetit!
Sophie Turner gave some breezy vibes when she rocked her hot pink strapless gown. Her hardcore confidence required a bit more than gloss and some falsies. Her hair pulled the look together, but it's not too hard to pull off! In fact, it only takes a few products and some techniques with the curling iron. Here's the recipe for some cool-girl success...
• 2 Golf ball size pumps of Stylus Full-Blown hair mousse
• 1 Platform 1900 Blowdryer
• 1 Large barrel brush (or 2 to speed up the process)
• 2 Sectioning clips
• 1 Stylus Stay Styled hairspray
• 1 Unbrush detangling brush (Pick your color! Sean suggests confident pink, to match Sophie's dress.)
1. In towel-dried clean hair, add the mousse to the roots, mid-lengths, and ends. Blow-dry to set it in.
2. Split the hair into two sections (top half and bottom half), then split the hair into several sections from ear to ear within each half. Use the round brush on each section, starting with the ones in the bottom half. Smooth them out and then lift to add volume.
3. Continue around the head.
4. Once you've completely dried and brushed each section, split your hair into the same sections you started with and turn on your curling iron.
5. Taking sections vertically, wing the hair away from the face. Continue to the middle and repeat on the other side, let the top section down and repeat.
6. Take your #unbrush and gently brush out all that curl and watch the waves bounce into existence! Don’t brush it too much or it will drop.
7. Apply your hairspray to the roots, then sprit the whole head lightly.
Sean's Hot Posing Tip: For the best shot of this look, flip one side forward and one side behind your shoulder to show off your strapless dress. Place your hands on your hips with your elbows pointed behind you. We call this the Woman-In-Charge Power Pose!
Zuri Halls served a look that made us all want to dance with somebody! Her vivacious coils had body, movement, and iconic swag. She looked like a modern-day sexy flapper. To achieve her look, you'll want to start with a chin-length bob.
• 1 Pump of Stylus Fresh Start heat protectant
• 2 Pumps of Stylus Pump it Up blow out serum
• 1 Blowdryer
• 1 Curl defining diffuser
• 3/4" Platform Bounce curling iron
• 1 Splash of Stylus Sheer Remedy silk treatment
1. Scrunch in your Fresh Start into dry hair to protect your strands from heat.
2. Next, scrunch in Pump it Up with your diffuser attached to your blow dryer. This will create natural waves.
3. Taking each wavy curl, wind the hair around the curling iron. Remember to coil from root to tends, twisting hair as you wind. Remove the iron when steam begins to rise from the strands. Continue to wind the hair in alternating directions as you make your way through all of your hair.
4. Splash your Sheer Remedy into the palms of your hands and work it through your hair gently, making sure not to disturb your coils.
5. Sweep your hair to one side to get that perfect 80's feel.
Reese always looks sweet and poised whenever she graces the red carpet, and she did not disappoint at the SAG Awards. Her bob was equal parts chic, clean, and stunning. In theory, this one should be a no-brainer; however, there are some very specific notes to pay attention to in order to create the perfection that Witherspoon deliciously pulls off. For this look, you'll need to start off with a bob haircut. Any color from blonde, to brunette, to red, or ombre will do!
• 2 Golf ball-sized blobs of Stylus Full Blown volumizing mousse
• Stylus Stay Put hairspray
• 1 Unbrush
• 1 Large round brush
• 1 Blowdryer (According to James, the EPS Dual Voltage Digital Dryer is great for this look because you'll be able to set the temperature and airflow).
• 2 Sectioning clips
1. Add Full Blown to your hair, throughout your whole head, and comb it in with your Unbrush.
2. Blow-dry your hair upside down from the roots to the ends until your hair is 75% dry.
3. Tip your head upright and section your hair off horizontally from ear to ear. Blow-dry the sections using a round brush. Remember to flip hair ups at the ends.
4. Continue blow-drying until your hair is completely dry. Take a parting section above the pupil of one eye and sweep the hair over the preferred side.
5. Spray your look into place with Stay Put.
6. Put your hand on your hip and smile big!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
“Catch a wave and you’re sitting on top of the world.” The Beach Boys would say the best way to spend a summer day is surfing. But whether your idea of beautiful summer waves is riding atop one or creating waves in your hair, FHI Heat has got you covered. Although you’ll have to buy your own surfboard or plane ticket to Aruba, our FHI Heat tools are the perfect companions for your journey, offering you state-of-the-art technology, ergonomic designs, and above industry standard power to get the smooth, silky beach waves you crave.
FHI Heat has created a tool that makes creating the perfect blowout easier than ever before! Introducing the FHI Heat Platform Blowout Brush!
FHI Heat prides itself on using only the best, most advanced technology when crafting hair tools, and we’ve literally taken things to new heights with this professional-grade blowout brush. It’s one of the first of its kind to utilize plasma ionic technology to create a faster, smoother blowout!