Festival season has begun, and the cherry on top of your perfect festival look is going to be your hair. The possibilities are endless, but you really want a style that’s chic, comfortable and a knockout. We’ve spoken with our stylists and drawn inspo from some of our favorite Instagram festival looks to bring you 4 must-try festival hairstyles for 2023 (and how to effortlessly create them at home).
Link to Post
Kendall looks comfy and chic in these sleek pigtails. It’s a look that also draws the eye up your cheekbone, making it flattering for virtually any face shape.
Hair products needed:
- Start with clean, dry hair. Use the heated Polisher Brush to smooth out any tangles and create a sleek, polished base for your braids.
- Section your hair down the middle, dividing it into two equal parts. Smooth your scalp with Total Control Styling Gel.
- Create a pigtail on each side. Start by taking a small section of hair from the front of one side, near the hairline, divide it into three equal sections and begin to braid.
- Secure the end of the braid with an elastic band.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Apply a small amount of Liquid Satin Treatment to your palms, and run it through your hair to tame any flyaways and add shine.
Boho Bubble Waves
Link to Post
California blogger Julie Sariñana is a full-blown fantasy dream in this stunning (and easy!) look.
- Use your favorite FHI dryer to add volume before you even begin styling.
- Bust out your Waver for quick boho waves. Style in sections and spray with hairspray after you style each section.
- Apply a small amount of Total Control Styling Gel to your hair, focusing on the lengths and ends. This will give your hair a flexible hold and add texture.
- Add sporadic small sections and create bubble ponytails. To create a bubble ponytail, take a small section of hair and tie it with an elastic band. Then, move down a few inches and tie another elastic band around the hair. Continue doing this until you reach the end of the section of hair.
While space buns are a festival classic, they never fail to stand out, stay out of the way, and look amazing. It looks like Nicole Scherzinger added some beads to her part, which is such a glam festival touch!
- To ensure this style looks smooth, go over your strands with your Titanium Styler before moving into the next steps.
- Divide dry hair into two sections, one on each side of your head.
- Create a high ponytail on each side, securing with an elastic band.
- Twist each ponytail into a bun and secure with bobby pins. Make sure the buns are centred on the top of your head.
- Use The Polisher to smooth any flyaways and add shine.
- Finish hairspray to keep the buns in place.
Link to Post
Looking for the perfect combo of moody, trendy, unique, and chill? Of course, Billie Eilish would absolutely kill this striking Y2K look!
- Use the Titanium Sleek Pro Styler to create cutting straight edges to the hair.
- Apply the Stay Beautiful Light Hold Dry Hair Spray to your hair to help with hold as you craft the updo.
- Section off the top half of your hair and tease it with a comb or brush to create volume and texture.
- Apply the Stay Styled Variable Hold Dry Hair Spray to the teased hair to help it stay in place for a more intense hold.
- Use your fingers or a brush to smooth the top layer of your hair over the teased section and create a messy bun with an elastic.
- Gather the remaining hair at the back of your head and twist it around the messy bun or updo with pieces sticking out. Secure each piece with bobby pins.
- Use the hairspray again to hold the updo in place.
- Grab your iron again and apply to some of your spiky sections of hair sticking out of the bun for a Y2K-inspired look.
Tiny Face-Framing Braids
Link to Post
Celebrity makeup artist Gabrielle Alexis always looks amazing. Tiny face-framing braids is an innovative way to keep the hair out of your face while keeping your hair down and flowing!
- Start with dry hair. Use The Curve Styling Iron to create loose waves or curls all over your hair. This is done by twisting the iron away from your face as you pull down. TIP: For a more festive look, only do this to select random strands.
- Spray each wavy section with Stay Beautiful Light Hold Dry Hair Spray.
- Section off two small sections of hair at the front, just above your ears, for the face-framing braids.
- Braid each section into a tiny braid, securing with a small hair elastic.
- Use your fingers to gently loosen the waves and create a more relaxed, beachy look.
- Use the Stay Styled Variable Hold Dry Hair Spray to hold the braids in place and prevent them from unraveling.